Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Potato and Double Corn Chowder (with chicken)

This recipe was found in the Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Cookbook. I went by the recipe at first, but once I tasted it when I got home from work, I thought it tasted pretty BLAH! But, not according to the recipe, I revised it. First, I had already left out the bacon and added the chicken of 2 bone in breast I had baked the previous night. Then, I added a can of chicken stock to thin it out and to spice it up a bit I added some red pepper flakes, 1/2 a pack of taco seasoning, a little more salt and pepper. I think thats about it. It turned out pretty good after all that. I used shredded potatos. Next time I will use the chunks or rather use chunks of fresh potatoes.

-6 Servings-

1 bag (16 oz.) frozen hash brown potatos, thawed (4 cups)
1 can (15 1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (14 3/4 oz) cream-style corn
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 med onion, chopped
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
*See my comments above for other additions made by me!

~Mix all ingredients in 3 1/2 to 6 qt slow cooker


~Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hrs or high for 3-4 hrs.

No comments: