Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Honey Bun Cake




This recipe was taken from a hometown church cookbook. It was a very simple cake and was so good (although I only had 1/2 a bite since I'm trying to cut back). A neighbor of ours recently lost his father, so I made this for him and his wife.


The recipe calls for a yellow cake mix. I only had one in reduced sugar so I used it. It was still just as good as if it was full sugar. Also, as far as sour cream goes, I used light. And, I only had 3 eggs, so I left one out. I don't think the recipe as it was could have been any better than it came out with me!



HONEY BUN CAKE

Cake:
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 tsp or more canned milk (enough to make glaze consistancy)

~Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside. Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, sour cream, and vanilla. Pour into 9x13 baking dish. Pour brown sugar and cinnamon mixture all over top. Bake 35-40 min at 350. Make glaze by mixing the three ingredients. Punch holes with a toothpick in the top of the cake. Pour glaze over top.


No comments: