Thursday, March 27, 2008

WC Regional Recipe Exchange




Enchilada Soup from Southern California




I recieved this recipe from a fellow nestie. We decided to do a recipe exchange and the recipe you submitted had to be something that was from where you live. I made this soup thinking it didn't sound very delicious. But, boy was I wrong. It was so easy to make and very very good. It had a little spice kick to it, which I really enjoyed.

I halved the recipe:
6 can green enchilada sauce
1 onion, chopped fine
Fresh Ground Pepper
6 cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded (can sub 1-2 whole roasted chickens)
Your favorite tortilla chips
Grated Mexican Blend Cheese


Combine enchilada sauce, onions, pepper, and chicken in a crockpot. It will only take about 2 hours to heat but can stay in the crock pot a lot longer.

When serving pour into a bowl and top off with cheese and tortilla chips.


Serves 8-12
Sorry the pics are so bad!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Looks great and sounds so easy!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it. It was a recipe my boss gave me from her mom. I didn't think that something so simple could taste so yummy!