Wednesday, August 13, 2008

NO Boil Classic Lasagne (from Mueller's noodle box)

This lasagna was very good. Instead of using jarred sauce I made my own, but you can do which ever you prefer. I forgot to take a picture but we all know what lasagne looks like!

8 oz. (1/2 package) Lasagne noodles, uncooked
15 oz Ricotta Cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup parm cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
6 1/2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp parsley

~Preheat oven to 350
~In med bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozz cheese, parm cheese and eggs, mix well
~In seperate bowl, add browned meat to pasta sauce; mix well
~Spread 1 cup of meast mixture in 9x13 pan
~Place 1/3 of the noodles over sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the cheese mixture
~Repeat layering. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce.
~Cover with foil. Bake 55 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with reserved mozz cheese and parsley flakes.
~Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you tell what the meast mixture is made of. I googled it and I could not find a definition. I assume it meat mixed with yeast. Seriously, thank for the recipe. For some unknown reason the stores around here do not carry the Mueller's Lasagne noodles. It's my favorite recipe. Thanks again,

Erik