Thursday, August 21, 2008

Garlic-Ranch Chicken strips






I found this recipe in the Sept/Oct 08' issue of Taste of Home's Simple Delicious. It called for chicken breasts halved, but I just used tenderloins instead. What can I say? They were very easy and very much delish!






4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (I used a little more!)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter



~Flatten chicken slightly, set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine milk and garlic. In another shallow bowl or plate, combine the flour, salad dressing mix and pepper. Dip chicken in milk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.



~In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.






Nutrition facts: 1 chicken breast half: 264 calories, 12 g fat, 125 mg sodium, 7 g carb






I really recommend this chicken as a quick weeknight meal. I served it along side a salad, and chickpeas.


1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

These sound delicious. I wish my husband liked the flavor of ranch.