Friday, October 17, 2008

Crispy yogurt chicken with creamy corn casserole!






SO, I've been hearing a lot about Pioneer Woman's crispy yogurt chicken, so I decided to make it. It was really easy to make, but wasn't as good as I expected. The only change I made in the original recipe was that I used chicken tenderloins and punded them a little thin. Also, I only had lime, so I used that in place of the lemon and I used dried herbs and jarred garlic instead of fresh. I really think it woul dhave been better to add more salt to the bread crumbs. Still it was great for a quick weeknight meal!
I also made a corn pudding (shown in picture) that was similar to the one in PW's blog, but I did it a little different. I didn't really do exact measurements so here it is:
1 can shoe peg corn
some half and half
salt
pepper
cheese
I just mixed all of that until it was a good thick consistency. Then baked on 350 until warm and thick!

1 comment:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Just aquick note to say that the DEC/JAN recipe exchange at "NOW THAT'S WHAT'S COOKING" has been posted should you wish to participate again.

You check it out on their blog or else you can click on the image in the righthand sidebar located on my blog to join.

Hope to see you soon!!!